What the heck is Wings of Goose?

Tuesday 7 April 2009

Tying up loose ends

Yes! I've been slaving away on Ma's second sock - I pretty much knitted half of it yesterday so only half left to do. However, my hands are a little uncomfortable and I'm not sure I'll be able to knit for five hours today! They have to be finished by Thursday morning so I'm hoping to get them done. Besides, I have other projects bubbling away in my head to get started, such as this jumper for some friends who had a baby in February. I told them I'd probably end up making it in 6-12 months as I had lots on, so don't worry, its not majorly late for the birth! I also want to knit the Mohair Lace Cardigan in the current issue of Knitting (No 62), hopefully in a cornflower blue or maybe lime green to go with some fabric I bought ages ago for a dress. Ohh and I forgot I have yarn already to make Kim Hargreaves' Robin hat.
Still nothing to show on the patchwork. My friend's walking foot didn't work so I couldn't get on with it. She's sorted the problem now though and I'm really hoping to get it done on Wednesday evening so I can send it off to be taken to Romania on Thursday.
On Saturday we went to Symonds Yat in the Forest of Dean and saw Peregrine Falcons and we also joined the RSPB which I'm really happy about. As well as protecting birds, they do loads of other conservation work with other animals and habitats and you get an excellent free quarterly magazine and other things.
No photos today but hopefully some finished stuff soon. Have a pleasant afternoon x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a little message. I would be really excited to have any feedback.