What the heck is Wings of Goose?

Friday 8 May 2009

Slow progress and inspiration from others

I'm currently at an annoying stage where I want to get on with knitting the cardigan, which I have now cast on and knitted a few rows of...


It looks rather like a sunflower in that photo.


And this is the photo of it in Knitting magazine. I really like the dress the model is wearing as well! Talking of dresses, I've just been looking at this stunning dress on Kate Davies' blog and it has really inspired me for a new dressmaking project - well after I've finished my current sewing project. A patchwork I've been working on for some time. You may recall it was one of the first things I blogged about here. Well, the poor thing has been left for so long as I seem to gravitate towards knitting above all the creative things I'm involved with, but, thanks to some very kind people, I no longer have to give up my patchwork class and there is an exhibition of the years' work in a few weeks. I've decided to concentrate on getting it finished in time for that. I haven't had work in an exhibition since my degree show so I'm really looking forward to the opportunity.

I still haven't removed my spindle and roving from the box in which I put them the other week. I think they'll be in there for a little while now as I need to time concentrate... oh, how strange, its just come into my head that I had a dream last night about trying to spin! Its so peculiar when that happens. Have a pleasant day x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a little message. I would be really excited to have any feedback.