What the heck is Wings of Goose?

Monday 18 May 2009

Nursery rhyme purse and a spindle

I made this little purse one day last week when I should have been working on my patchwork.



The fabric is a delightful print called Mother Goose and Friends and is covered in sweet little images from nursery rhymes and childrens' tales. On the purse is the goose who laid the golden egg, four and twenty blackbirds baked in a pie and inside on this sweet little patch are the butcher, the baker and the candlestick maker.



I haven't yet decided what I shall use it for as I'm a very practical person and not one to change my handbag every time I leave the house, or move the contents of my purse into another. No doubt I shall find some little thing to keep inside.


And I finally removed my spindle from her box on Friday when I had a visit from my knitting friend. Originally I just planned to show her the fibre and spindle but of course my husband had to have a go and then I was inspired to attempt it myself later on in the afternoon, not by my husband's efforts I might add! I took to it immediately and instead of just spinning a small amount I decided to use all the fibre that came with the spindle to make one batch of yarn as I though it would be nice to actually make something from my first spinning efforts. Here's a sneaky peak.

The more I spin the more consistent it gets and the yarn is now coming out in what looks like aran weight, though the first few metres I know will be rather lumpy and uneven.

I've also designed a new header for the blog but for some reason it doesn't want to upload. Hopefully a more exciting looking blog will be here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a little message. I would be really excited to have any feedback.